Monday, October 30, 2017

Temporary By: Sarina Bowen & Sarah Mayberry


I need to send a huge thanks to Nina Bocci for sending the arc of this pretty out for review. you are a book goddess!!



The most beautiful man I've ever seen is the one who can ruin everything...

The first time I lay eyes on Callan Walker, I know he’ll be trouble. With his smug grin, hot Aussie accent and thousand dollar shoes, he’s just the kind of rich guy who always gets what he wants. 

And he wants two things: a night of sin, and my cooperation as he outmaneuvers his powerful mother to take control of his uncle’s estate.

I can’t afford either one. I’m the only thing standing between my little sister and the foster care system. He may have money and charm on his side, but I have something even more powerful -- pure desperation. This temp job at his mother’s company can become a full time job for me. It has to. 

But when Callan’s eyes rake over my body, sometimes I forget my obligations. His piercing gaze finds the fun, optimistic girl I used to be and not the tired person I’ve become.

And it works--if only for a moment. Our night together was a mistake. I can't afford to get sucked into his high-powered family’s treachery. But the closer I get to Callan, the more layers I find beneath those expensive clothes. Though I can’t forget this is temporary. He’s temporary. I have too much to lose. 

Too bad my foolish heart didn’t get the memo...


This book was so totally unexpected. And I mean that in such a good way too.

Sarina is one of those authors I pretty much love any book she writes, so I was game to see what her and Sarah came up with (even if this was my first experience with one of Sarah's books)

But immediately this story drew me in. I wasn't even planning on starting it yet. I have other Arc's that needed to be read much sooner. But in a stroke of boredom the other day I just happened to flip through the first couple pages.... and BOOM I was hooked haha.

And it's because of a few different reasons.
The story itself was so well written and such a great story line (even if a few parts were your typical romance book cliches)
If I didn't know it was so written before starting it. I never would have guessed two authors wrote this one either. The story was so cohesive and flows so well. And there was never a part where I questioned after who's writing was what. Because it all just blended so beautifully.

And it was also the characters these two came up with. Callan was dreamy steamy. and for a playboy .... He was also such an adorable sweetheart, one of those characters that has so many sides. And so much depth to him. Plus he's sexy Australian accent made for a fun read too. (Even if I made the mistake of watching master chef while I read, and had Gordon Ramsey's voice playing in my head for a bit haha)

I also loved Grace though.
And I know I'm one who never typically likes female leads and all that. But Grace was just a good character. She had just enough sass and gumption. But yet was still cautious and relatable. and I found myself cheering for her, or even moping with her.
She's one of those characters you easily jump into their shoes. And really get a good view of the story from their POV.

And I can't forget Olivia. That girl made me laugh. She's such a cute funny little character. And offered just that little extra oomph this book needed.

As I said. I really enjoyed this book. and found it fun and extremely sweet and cute, but also just has just that right touch of steamy.
I'm so glad I accidentally started it early because I truly loved this this book.

I give TEMPORARY
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐5 STARS⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

No comments:

Post a Comment