Monday, October 30, 2017

The Learning Hours (How To Date A Douchebag #3) By: Sara Ney


I just want to start off by sending a huge thank you to Sara and the Inkslinger team for getting an arc of this pretty sent out to me. Ya'll rock.



He's not a douchebag; but that doesn't stop his friends from turning him into one.

MY FRIENDS WANT ME TO GET LAID.

So much so that they plastered my ugly mug all over campus, in bold printed letters:

Are you the lucky lady who's going to break our roommate's cherry?
Him: socially awkward man with average-sized penis looking for willing sexual partner. You: must have a pulse. He will reciprakate with oral. Text him at: 555-254-5551

The morons can't even spell. And the texts I've been receiving are what wet dreams are made of. But I'm not like these douchebags, no matter how hard they try to turn me into one.

THIS ISN'T THE KIND OF ATTENTION I WANT.

One text stands out from hundreds. One number I can't bring myself to block. She seems different. Hotter, even in black and white.

However, after seeing her in person, I know she's not the girl for me. But my friends won't let up--they just don't get it. Douchebags or not, there's one thing they'll never understand: GIRLS DON'T WANT ME. 

Especially her.


So let's talk The Learning Hours.

This book was not in the least what I was expecting.
Not in bad way. Just different.

I liked how Sara decided to flip the script on this book. She changed up the MO of the super hot douchebag guy. and have us a sassy super hot douchebag girl.

And I found that so extremely fun. It's such a change to have a sort of naive sweet guy paired up with an experienced sort of jerk of a girl.

Like I found Rhett so freaking adorable. He's just so sweet and caring. And so so lost. It was so cute omg haha.

But I just love how no matter what any of his friends do to him. Or how rude and adolescent they are he just blows them off and doesn't let them truly bother him. And let me tell you. his friends are jerks. Like really big douchehole jerks.

But Rhett is for real a diamond in a bag of rocks. He's just special. And the French. Dear sweet baby Jesus on a mother pucking cracker. *Swoon 

And then there's Laurel.

I'm still on the fence about this girl. I liked her pretty well for most of the book. She's smart as a whip, funny, a bit arrogant, and liked how assertive she was.

But there was just something about her that didn't set well with me either at one point. Something I couldn't even pinpoint. So obviously it isn't that big of a deal haha.

But this book was just as funny and flirty and filled with douchebaggery and I loved every page of it truly.

I give THE LEARNING HOURS 
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐5 STARS⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

No comments:

Post a Comment