Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Undressed (The Men Of West Beach #1) By: Kimberly Derting



I want to send a huge thank you to Kimberly for sending out the ARC for this one. I thought the book sounded amazing from the description, but y'all, it was even better once I dove in. And I'm so excited to share my review with you.
Be sure to grab a copy of UNDRESSED August 27th when it releases!! 💙💙💙




Can two people whose dreams have been cast aside find a new passion...together?


No one ever expected straight-A student Lauren Taylor to make waves. But that was the old Lauren, before she went to college and became an online stripper to make ends meet. Now, Lauren is on the run with a secret and a bag of cash, fleeing landlocked Arizona for the beaches of California. 

Will Gabaldon was one of the hottest surfers on the circuit, but fate had something else in mind. When a surfing accident shattered his budding career, Will was forced into a life of tending bar and doing odd jobs just to survive. 

A swim instructor with secrets like Will is the last thing Lauren wants. A distraction like Lauren is the last thing Will needs. 

But soon, both discover there’s one thing more dangerous than the wave that ended Will's career: Love.



Sleep? What is this sleep thing you speak of? Haha


I will learn one of these days to actually space out a book and take my time enjoying it... Said no book worm ever!

But seriously y'all.... I LOVED this book.
Surprisingly this was my first time diving into one of Kimberly's books (Although Body Finder's been on my radar for quite some time) but I'm so glad I got the opportunity to finally give a book of hers a shot. Because Undressed was just so so good.


From start to finish I was drawn in.... Between the great character development, to the fun and intriguing. And even a bit mysterious story line. I found myself not able to put this book down until I hit the last page (I may not have slept.... again)
And I think I broke a personal reading record this book. With my mad reading skills and all hehe. It took me maybe 4 hours to finish though. (I was on a roll haha)

And I literally didn't want to stop flipping pages until I knew what was going to happen.

The story just draws you in so much, and you can't help but want to see what's going to come about with these fictional people.

In my opinion, a great end of summer book. One of those fairly light and flirty ones. But yet, that still offers just a touch of mystery and suspense to offer an incredibly well rounded story.


I adored Will and Lauren so much too.

Will is the ultimate cocky, knows he's flaming hot Cheetos hot, surfer dude. But also has such a complicated past to go along with it all, that gives him a level of down to earthness (that is too a word hehe). And you can see just how hard working and caring the guy really is.
Plus I just love a good sweetie that's got a bit of a cocky side. It makes things so much more interesting and fun.
And man does it make him offer a great start to some major tension.


But as they say, it takes two to tango. And Lauren is the other half to Will's crazy.
I really really liked this girl (and as many of you know. I don't through that around often with female characters in my reviews)
There's just something about her though, that was so fun to read. But yet you feel so understanding and sympathetic towards her too.
She takes no crap, and is very strong on her opinions. But we also get to see the shy more vulnerable side to her on a. couple different fronts. And I loved that about how she was written.
It gives her that much needed depth I feel gets lost on so many female characters these days.
And made you just want to root for her, and cheer her on. Beg her to open up a bit. and stop worrying.
If she were a real person and not a fictional character in a made up world..... I could totally see myself hanging out with someone like her.
She's spunky and very mkuch in your face when she wants to be. And I totally just enjoyed getting her POV in this story.


And something else to add. I loved the secondary characters this story had to offer. We honestly don't get a ton from them. Just enough to add to the main. Characters histories and all that fun.
But they were involved just enough to let us have some fun and get to build a bit more on Lauren and Will's personalities.
Plus they just offer those fun little moments that make you snort at times.

And man. Just the story line to this books itself.
I really did love it. It was a fresh take on a topic I've seen pop up a few times now in books.
And I absolutely loved how Kimberly built on it all.And made this amazing cohesive story. that was able to really expand away from just one or two key topics. And then weave them all back together so they make a truly wonderful story. That keeps you flipping that page and begging to know what will happen between our two characters. As well as their friends and family. And how all that tension and those problematic situations will be resolved.


I can't sing enough praises for Kimberly, as she branches out into the NA/Adult romance world.
She did such a wonderful job of it.
And this book is all kinds of hot too! (Did I forget to mention that before? hehe) 🔥🔥🔥


Because the romance in this book is freaking fantastic and, all I can say at this point is that I'm just ready for the next book to be here already haha.

UNDRESSED gets
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐5 STARS⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


(Really like 10. But hey. I don't make the rules here hehe)

No comments:

Post a Comment