Monday, June 2, 2014

The One By: Kiera Cass

Well hello InBetweeners. So I know this book has been out a few weeks now but I am just getting the time to catch up on my reviews. I got this book the day it came out and finished it the day after once I finished my last final for the semester. Thank goodness that is all done with too. I have missed my much needed free time, and my baby (my blog) a ton and am very happy to really be getting back in the swing of things.

Hope ya'll enjoy and definitely check out the selection series if you haven't already.

                              
Overview
The highly anticipated third book in Kiera Cass's #1 New York Times bestselling Selection series! The One will captivate readers who love dystopian YA fiction and fairy tales. Fans who have followed America's whirlwind romance since it began will delight in The One—a swoon-worthy read for teens who have devoured Veronica Roth's Divergent, Ally Condie's Matched, or Lauren Oliver's Delirium.

The Selection changed America Singer's life in ways she never could have imagined. Since she entered the competition to become the next princess of IllĂ©a, America has struggled with her feelings for her first love, Aspen—and her growing attraction to Prince Maxon. Now she's made her choice . . . and she's prepared to fight for the future she wants.
Find out who America will choose in The One, the enchanting, beautifully romantic third book in the Selection series!





HOLY SMOKES!!!! This book is just one of absolute amazingness. I fell in love with the Selection series back a little before the second book Elite came out and from then on I was hooked. Let me tell you it was a very painful wait for this one to be out but somehow I survived (distracting myself by getting hooked onto other series). 

So to give you some info, I live in a smaller town in Georgia and the town next to mine is fairly big but there is only a Books A Million to buy from there. The closest Barnes and Noble is almost an hour away and every time I go I wind up getting lost either on the way there or trying to get home. I was determined to get The One from B&N because they were doing a special edition and I wanted it lol. I have a long standing love hate relationship with B&N. Mostly hate. I own a nook and after replacing it 4 times now I have learned the store has terrible customer service. But for some messed up reason I stay loyal. (I think I am seriously crazy) So here I am driving over an hour for a book (this is where my mom rolls her eyes and gets in the car anyways to keep my crazy butt company) and when I get to the store I got the very last copy (Go me) For more than 5 dollars more then I was supposed to pay when I had pre-ordered it originally online (but the order didn't go through and I wasn't notified and lets just say I was pretty mad when I found out. Plus the gas money I was having to pay now. Yeah like I said love HATE relationship) Long story short, I got the dang book, and yes I got lost on the way home, but I found a great thrift shop to stop at so it all worked out.

Back to my review, sorry for the rant. 
The One is the third and final book in The Selection Series, and it did not disappoint. Cass creates a beautiful dystopian story. Set in the Kingdom of Illea, America finds herself a member of the 4 remaining elite trying to win the hand of the gorgeous Prince Maxon. But nothing is ever simple. Americas ex Aspen is a guard in the palace and she is having a hard time deciding if her future is to be the queen of a country with more skeletons in its closet than she ever thought possible, or with her past love that broke her heart. If only those were the only two things standing in her way. America not only finds herself between the two loves of her life but between a potential war with a rebel group determined to dethrone the royal family and stop the selection. But when some unlikely allies present themselves America, Maxon, and Aspen have to decide if standing up to Maxon's farther King Clarkson will be the right thing for not only their future but the future of Illea. But King Clarkson won't go down without a fight, and after Americas already in hot water for almost blowing Clarkson's secret he will do anything to make sure she is not The One. Will Her love for Maxon be enough to overcome all the obstacles or will America fail and be sent home. With twists and turns around every corner The One will bring this amazing series to an explosive end, and not everyone will make it out alive.

And what would one of my reviews be without a freak fest over one hot prince. I LOVE Maxon. Not only is he a hunk but the sweet shy side of him just melts my heart. And there is one part in the book and I wont give anything away but it was a total swoon worthy moment, that made me want to jump in the book and just hug and squeeze that guy hehe. And personally I want to smack America around for putting him through so much and not just giving him a straight answer. I mean really, he has never had a chance to date like a normal person and he finds the one girl he can be himself with and she cant commit uhhhhhh. I like love triangles, but to tell ya'll the truth I was borderline about to throw the book if she didn't make a decision. 

The One is a great end to such a good series and highly encourage everyone to go pick it up as soon as possible. Or if you haven't started the series, get on that, you will love being apart of America's world.

5 Stars





No comments:

Post a Comment