Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Of Neptune By: Anna Banks (Syrena Legacy #3)

So I know this book has been out for a little while now but I have been dying to get a review up for it since the day it came out. But as you know not all plans go as well... planned. So here I am now finally getting it up and posted.

This is the last book in the Syrena Legacy series and as much as I was looking forward to it I have to say it was not my favorite of the three books, but that in no way means that the book was not a great read, and I recommend to everyone to go out and read it.



Overview:
Emma, who is half human and half Syrena, and her Syrena love Galen, need time together. Alone. Away from the kingdoms of Poseidon and Triton. Emma’s grandfather, the Poseidon king, suggests the two visit a small town called Neptune.
Neptune is home to both Syrena and Half Breeds alike. But Emma and Galen didn't sign up to be peacemakers between the ocean and land-dwelling, freshwater Syrena. They didn't bargain for meeting a charming Half Breed named Reed, who can barely disguise his feelings for Emma. And they especially didn't expect to find themselves in the middle of a power struggle that threatens not only their love, but their ocean kingdoms.
In this stunning conclusion to her bestselling Syrena Legacy, Anna Banks thrills fans with more action and romance than ever. (From B&N)

First two books in the Syrena Legacy series:


Oh this book, and the things it makes me feel hehe. This was just one of the many series that was concluding this spring and like so many others I just HAD to have it the day it released. (I actually forgot the day it came out, even with the countdown clock on the blog, and my co-reviewer had to remind me) But I was at the book store and darn straight I got my book.
Before I originally started reading this series I was no fan of mermaid books. Vampires, ok. Banshees, sure. Aliens, hell to the yeah! but mermaids, ummmmm. But I went in with in open mind and was hooked like a worm. *Nudges with elbow* 
Of Neptune is written in dull POV between Galen and Emma, and tracks the duo as they try to work out there relationship now that the Syrena world knows about her, a half breed, and that her once believed to be dead mother a Poseidon Princess is in fact alive and living on land. The two plan a trip away from the confusing world of Syrena where they can get to know one another better, but when the Poseidon king convinces Emma to make a detour in the little town of Neptune all "shell" breaks loose. (haha see what I did there.)

While the idea of the town of Neptune intrigued me being made of half breeds (half human half Syrena like Emma) but as the story progressed we saw less and less of Emma and Galen together and I felt it was such a step backwards in their relationship. For the past two books the two had worked so hard to be together and right when I thought it was finally all worked out and I would have a whole book of pure fishy happiness, BOOM!! nope, not gonna happen. But don't worry ya'll it all works out, what author doesn't make sure there is a good ending to a series after all. Plus a good thing to this book... We get to meet an awesome new character. He is by far no Galen but I must say I like spunky Reed. He adds just enough drama to the book to always keep you on your toes on what side everyone in Neptune is on. And who doesn't like a little competition to make a guy express his undying love to his main half breed merwoman. Just as long as said spunky Reed doesn't interfere too much. The book is beautifully written and the introduction of new characters really allowed for the story to expand and explain some pieces that weren't exactly answered in the first two books. Also the personal struggles of Emma and Galen give you a much better look into their characters, not in just their love for each other or loyalty to the sea kingdoms. But how they truly do complete on another and support each other through their hardest times. And let me just tell you, the ending to this book is seriously awesome. Were talking magical unicorn barf there hehe.

And let me just say I am gonna seriously miss Galen now that this series is done. He is just one of those characters that is such a sweetie and cares so much about everything in his life. He really struggles after some events that took place at the end of book two, and seeing him deal with them will break your heart but also make you fall more in love with him at the same time.

Please I encourage you to not only check out this book, but the whole series. The books are written beautifully and will leave you craving more of Emma and Galen as you go.

I give this book 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment