Thursday, August 9, 2018

Off The Ice (Juniper Falls #1) By: Julie Cross


I need to give a huge thank you to Entangled Teen for sending out a copy of this awesome book for review. Ya'll over there are amazing, and I can't tell you how appreciated it is all you do for us bloggers 💙💙💙



All is fair in love and hockey…

Claire O’Connor is back in Juniper Falls, but that doesn’t mean she wants to be. One semester off, that’s what she promised herself. Just long enough to take care of her father and keep the family business—a hockey bar beside the ice rink—afloat. After that, she’s getting the hell out. Again.

Enter Tate Tanley. What happened between them the night before she left town resurfaces the second they lay eyes on each other. But the guy she remembers has been replaced by a total hottie. When Tate is unexpectedly called in to take over for the hockey team’s star goalie, suddenly he’s in the spotlight and on his way to becoming just another egotistical varsity hockey player. And Claire’s sworn off Juniper Falls hockey players for good.

It’s the absolute worst time to fall in love.

For Tate and Claire, hockey isn’t just a game. And they both might not survive a body check to the heart.


Oh man. Where to start on this book *sigh*

I can't pass up a sports romances as I've made super clear in other reviews. Especially the hockey ones. They are my kryptonite haha. Although I do have to admit I do typically go for more of the NA's or just regular ol' sports romances vs a YA like this.

But I'm so glad I dove into this one.


It was such a good story. And was so much more emotional than I was expecting. And hit really close to home for me.

I know some that follow my reviews may know. But my mom got sick a couple years back now. And when It happened I had to put my life on hold to get her through surgeries, doctors appointments, physical therapy. All of it. And it took a lot out of me. And I had to halt things like school. So I guess what all that means is, that I could relate so much with Claire in ways.

And not just that but just her personality and drive. And loyalty. I found she was so similar tome. And that really gave me this rare look at a character I could fully Empathize with. And I think that was the biggest thing that pulled me into this book.

Don't get me wrong. The story itself was absolutely amazing. And the characters were so well written and mature for a bunch of dumb high schoolers haha.

But once I had related. It just made the book connect in such a deeper way, and I found myself pulling for Claire and Tate.
And Tate in general. His story was just as good as Claire's. And he's by far one of my favorite contemporary YA heroes.

There was just something about that boy. How real and raw he seemed. And I think that drew me in more. Made me want to cheer so much for him and Claire and see things work out.

Plus, there was actually hockey in this sports romance. I get so tired of books that brand themselves as sports books and then have no sports in them. And there was a really good balance of sports and the rest of the story. It made me a happy hockey nerd for sure haha.


Just everything about this book was perfect. And I don't use that word often unless I really enjoyed every aspect of a book. And that is exactly what happened in this one.
I'm so glad I took a chance on it

And can without even a shadow of a doubt give OFF THE ICE
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐5 STARS⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


No comments:

Post a Comment