Monday, March 20, 2017

The Struggle (A Titan Novel #3) By: Jennifer L. Armentrout


AHHHH SETHIE!!!!!!!!

I can't even stand it, I was so excited to get my hands back on that boy (ohh that sounds bad *shrugs)
I cannot thank Jen and her team for getting this puppy sent out tome for early review. Ya'll are the freaking best.

Also guys... If you haven't had the chance to meet Jen, she really is amazing. Somehow I always wind up going to a signing she's a part of every 6 months or so it seems like haha.
I met her back the first time during the 2014 Bookbash and was so awestruck...


And over the past few years it's been really fun to get the chance to see her so much (And not act like such a fangirl dweeb when I do.)
And last year I was so lucky. I went to the Savannah Apollycon and not only got to meet Jen again... But also Drew. And I have to say he is by far one of the most fun people I've met. Him and Pepe both actually.
he played right into Seth's character  and was so sweet to all the fans. Both guys and Jen were. They went above and beyond to meet everyone and there were so many pictures they took and books that got signed. I can't say enough good things about any of the three of them.










A bloody path has been chosen… 

The war against the Titans continues, and they remain determined to wreak havoc on the world, but Seth has become something all gods fear. Now the most dangerous, most absolute power no longer resides in those who have been freed from their tombs. 

The Great War fought by the few is coming… 

All may doubt and fear what Seth has become. All except the one woman who might be his final chance at redemption. Josie will do anything to prove that Seth is on their side, but fate has a nasty way of changing lives, of changing people. 

In the end, the sun will fall… 

The only way they can save the future and save themselves is by facing the unknown together. It will take more than trust and faith. It will take love and the kind of strength not easily broken. No matter what, their lives will never be the same. 

For what the gods have feared has come to pass. The end of the old is here and the beginning of the new has been ushered in…


Guys! Guys! I'm kinda not only so excited about this book because it was so good. But I'm also kinda excited because this is the quickest I've read a book in months. And maybe that means I really am back??? Thank the universe for JLA and her amazing books. If anyone could pull me from a slump it's her (Usually it's just by me rereading some Daemon hehe)

I loved Till Death. but this book drew me in and held my attention like no book has been able to in a really long time.

And lets face it. I absolutely loved getting more of Sethie!!! (And that's probably why haha)

This series has just been non stop fun and action from the start, and I can't even explain how much I enjoyed reading more of the whole Covenant gang all growed up hehe.

Seth is just an absolutely fun character. A huge dick most of the time but fun none the less. He's such a smart butt and sassy as heck. but he's just one of those characters I can't get enough of.

And we've gotten to see such a different side to him in the Titan series vs. douche canoe Seth from the Covenant days. He's still cocky and sarcastic. Maybe even more so during this one at times. But Seth has shown some of the biggest character growth that I've ever seen from a character. I mean talk about a 180 over a span of books. (But I think Seth also had this side in him from the start. There were always just people who took advantage of his need to be cared for, and that twisted him into something ugly. That is until someone truly was able to show him what compassion and love is... Even dating back to the Covenant days with Alex at points)

He's so caring and so passionate. And you can see it in every move he makes during this book. Even when he's made the wrong move.... it's out of a need to keep others safe. Even if that means keeping them safe from himself. (Or ts least him thinking he's keeping them safe. He doesn't give himself nearly enough credit in my opinion.)

And lets talk about Josie... My lord this girl. While she may not be quite the head strong bad-a Alex always is, she is such a strong and powerful character. She still has this humanity to her that can be so opposite of Seth most of the time. She's the sweet to his salty, and the soft to his hard. But when it comes time, my girl can throw down and kick some butt. I feel like she's grown a lot through these books too. She's found her strength and broken out of her shell. She's no longer the meek scared mortal that Seth tracked down in College but a fierce and loyal Demigod, and able to stand on her own in a lot of ways.

Plus her and Seth and really all the crazy characters that are back are so much fun to read. This group just meshes so well, and the funny little one liners from any number of them add that needed relief when things get really tense (cough cough Deacon and Aidan)


Also I need to a add. Apollo is a dick. Like a seriously huge dick.... I take back him being my favorite Greek god. Back to Hades I go *whistles

But Jen threw so many crazy twists and turns into this book. While I definitely had my suspicions during it (Spidey powers tingled... a lot!)
But there were times even my mad awesome guessing skills hadn't expected something. (*Gasp! yes I know... I'm off my game ya'll hehe.)

And there were also times where I was nail biting waiting to see what would happen, and ready to reach in and smack me some Sethie Pooh at times too.

The story just has all that great Titan fun
the action, the suspense, the romance... the Seth *snickers (when it comes down to briefly giving you an idea of what you're in for.)

I seriously cannot wait until this book gets in everyone's hands.... If you're a Seth fan, or even just a Covenant fan. You will love this book. (Smiles like a creeper)

My only real complaint with this book is that there's just going to be way too much time between now and when I get my hands on the next one in the series haha

I give, without a doubt (honestly it deserves like 25K) THE STRUGGLE
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐5 STARS⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐



No comments:

Post a Comment