Thursday, August 9, 2018

To Kill A Kingdom By: Alexandra Christo


I am so excited to get to share my review with all of you today of TO KILL A KINGDOM.
It has been one of my favorite reads this summer, and any time I get to do a plug for an audio makes it an even better day.
I highly suggest anyone wanting to start this book to go over and grab the audio from somewhere like Audible. It makes the story so much better, and FYI, the narrators on this one are freaking amazing.
Any time I have a high fantasy like this, the best way to read them I've discovered, is to listen to the audio. It just brings so much life to the stories.
But even if you're a traditional book reader. You still need to go pick this baby up. I'm telling you. It will so be worth it. Hit up the closest book store or library as soon as you can! 😉😉😉




Princess Lira is siren royalty and the most lethal of them all. With the hearts of seventeen princes in her collection, she is revered across the sea. Until a twist of fate forces her to kill one of her own. To punish her daughter, the Sea Queen transforms Lira into the one thing they loathe most—a human. Robbed of her song, Lira has until the winter solstice to deliver Prince Elian’s heart to the Sea Queen or remain a human forever.

The ocean is the only place Prince Elian calls home, even though he is heir to the most powerful kingdom in the world. Hunting sirens is more than an unsavory hobby—it’s his calling. When he rescues a drowning woman in the ocean, she’s more than what she appears. She promises to help him find the key to destroying all of sirenkind for good—But can he trust her? And just how many deals will Elian have to barter to eliminate mankind’s greatest enemy?



I have been dying for a good fantasy book for so long. and had been holding onto my latest audio credit until I found the perfect one.

And last week I fianlly decided to give this baby a chance, when I knew I wouldn't be able to read for a good week. because I was having Lasik surgery on my eyes.

And let me just tell you. this one drew me on so fast.
And not just because it's a lose version of a retelling of The Little Mermaid or anything like that. (Which I mean, did pull me in when I first read the description when the book first released)

But this story just pulls you in so quickly. Lira and Elian are such well developed and relatable characters. And the narrators for both did such an amazing job bringing them to life. I found myself rooting for them and their family and friends.

And I liked how the romance in this book wasnt forced or happened to quickly. It was such a slow build that made the payoff much more worth it.


Also, there is so much sarcasm and whitty-ness almost between all the characters. they all tease and poke fun. But yet still care and are willing to lay down their lives for each other at the same time. And I loved the dynamics that were built between them all.

I especially loved how well developed and likable most of the main secondary characters were. Like Elian's crew and Lira's cousin. They weren't just bare basics and thrown in there to beef up the story. Each of them offered so much to the book as a whole. And I can really appreciate when an author can do things like that.

Plus... This book is just such a fun and imaginative fantasy story. I truly enjoyed listening and finding put what was going to happen next. And was in awe of the great world building done. I obviously didn't have a map like most hard copies of fantasy books would have. And yet I could still picture perfectly the track the characters made through the story. And all the different kingdoms, and the things that made them unique.

This story was just such a thrilling pull you in kinda story. And even in my groggy and sore state after my surgery I still found myself wanting to pop in my headphones and find out what the next chapter held.
And once I was cleared to drive again mid week. This book has been my constant companion for the driving I do for work. 

I without a shadow of a doubt give TO KILL A KINGDOM
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐5 STARS⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

No comments:

Post a Comment